Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(RP) Only a Day Away…

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Heinrich

Lord_Heinrich

Registration date : 2008-01-14

(RP) Only a Day Away… Empty
PostSubject: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:39 pm

A messenger from Bridgewater arrives delivering a letter to Lord Heinrich. It is folded and sealed with the wax of a lone tavern candle. Laid upon it a stick of lavender.

Quote :
"My dearest Hein,

I am sorry we missed each other before I left. I indeed arrived home, and found things as described. Later this evening I am to put my run for mayor up for bid. I have much support already building for me to run. I had hoped Ilaniol would have mailed saying wait another day. Such ground we broke together this night. Still I sit here home in Bridgewater thinking of you. Yearning for the next visit one of us may make.

An secretly part of me hopes to loose this silly race. Making it easier for me to run back to see you again. Still I suck up my girlish wants, and face my responsibilities. We are only a day away, but it seems like an eternity to our happy reunions.

I woke this morning and found a peanut in my back. I couldn’t help but laugh recalling our little rolling about. Next trip my dear is on you.

Only a day away.
Merrily
Marzy"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:55 pm

A messenger arrives on horseback from Bath, handing a large letter to Lady Marzena. It is stamped with the seal of Hamburg…

Quote :
My Beloved Lady Marzena,

I am very happy to hear that you arrived safely back in Bridgewater. It brings great ease to my mind that you were unharmed in your travels by the brigands that we work so tediously to defend against.

I wish you the best in your mayoral campaign! It would be an immense joy for me to see you assume the position, as I know that you are well qualified for it. I know that it will bring greater joy to your life, and I have no doubt that the citizens of Bridgewater will recognize your leadership potential. Do not worry about your duties preventing us from spending time with one another. If you assume the position, I will most happily travel to Bridgewater as often as I can. You need not be troubled about a single thing regarding that.

I really enjoyed our conversation last night and I look forward to many more. I too found that my cape was damp and had the smell of ale on it from the… tumble… As I was washing it I could not help but remember our little rendezvous. I believe that my statistics will show exactly how I felt…

https://2img.net/h/i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii161/rkheinrich/stat.jpg

The next trip is indeed on me. Perhaps I can make room in my schedule to travel to Bridgewater sometime this week and see you again. I want to see your mayoral message as well when I come.

Yours truly,

Heinrich
Back to top Go down
Lord_Heinrich

Lord_Heinrich

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:09 pm

A message arrives from Bridgewater carried by a rather tired messenger, but one with much jingling from tips. He hands over a letter folded in half and sealed with the wax of a lone candle. Lay across with a stick of lavender. , Sprinkled with three drops of Marz’s rose oil.

Quote :
“My dearest Hein,

Your letter excited me much, and I had to quickly reply. I don’t know why, but I waited for your response. Holding it tightly and reading each part over and over again. Even with Lethion joining me in the 2 door tavern. I read it just secretly.

Frosty sends her warm hellos. Your description of our encounter has placed a permanent grin on my lips. I am fit myself, but I must say I slept extremely soundly. Even sleeping threw Thump_her recovering fully early in the morning from Alpal’s tranquilizer. Please be sure to thank him for messing with my monkey’s sleep cycle. I’m truly thinking now I will have to cage him at night.

As to my mayoral run much to my surprise. I have an entire crew now helping me run. It pleases me to see so many even in my time of distress who wishes me to represent them. Writing my speeches, taking up my voice as mayor on the other place, and even selling me 3 lb corn to aide in keeping the tavern packed with cheap food! It truly amazes me to see what I am witnessing this day.

Still despite my blessings I sit back, and think of you. How warm it felt being in your embrace. I still feel the tickle of your mustache upon my skin. Even those who sparked my fun and torchers before, but I am afraid are finding me drab. As all I want to you.

Knowing you will visit much though helps put my heart in ease. At least the gentleness of your touch will be a renewed memory. My mayoral message so far for my run, but not while I am in office. I have decided to work in the form of a letter, so to bring me run closer and more intimate. My speech writer is as I write this adding and editing to make more my wishes obvious. I declare having my own speech writer feels so, larger than mayor.

I have been asked to start a new political party in Somerset. I am not sure I am up to this task yet though. Plus as you said would hate to begin waves when something more beautiful is before me. If you need help understanding that, my Hein dear. Remind me when you show up in Bridgewater. Well I really should head to sleep. Isn’t worth being up so late now with Thump all energized. Until I can hold your warm hand in mine again. salude my dearest.

Merrily,
Marzy”

The messenger had stayed around seeing Hein was at a point to interrupt his eyes nervously darted around. Closing them he leaned forward placing a kiss on Hein’s cheek. “From the lady sir.” quickly running away before he was pummeled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm

The messenger that Lady Marzena had sent came back hopping to her, his feet being bound together by a small but tight rope. He also wore a thick coat of tar and feathers…

“Heinrich’s Pikemen caught me, m’ lady. That is the last time I will ever do that for you! The things they have done to me…”

After taking a moment to gain his composure he hopped around and directed her to a large letter in his back pocket, stamped with the seal of Hamburg…

Quote :
My Dear Lady Marz,

It is great to hear that you have so much support in your mayoral campaign. With so many friends, you are destined to win. The fact that you had a speech writer made me cackle a bit, as I figured that there could be no better speech writer than yourself. How many more days until your triumph? Perhaps I will come and visit you on the day of your victory? We could have a great inaugural party in the taverns, I am sure.

I have heard of the abuse that you have gone through in the past, and it brings pain to my heart when I hear that someone tormented you in such a way. Rest assured that you will never have problems from me, my dear. I will never attempt to control you, for it is your character that brings so such fun and joy to my life. If I were to cut out that part of you, you would not be the person that I know and love.

I look forward to seeing your political party develop if it indeed gets up and running. Who asked you to form this and what would it be called? I am interested in hearing of your future plans. I am a loyal Patron, but politics will never come between us.

I will tell Alpal about Thumper_Her and his out of sync sleep cycle. I am sure he will feel ashamed of himself for that! Or it might make him feel ever better about it – who knows? I didn’t even know Bath Police had tranquilizers. Maybe Mayor Davidius was behind that?

Please say hello to Lady Frosty for me. I hope to see her as well when I come to Bridgewater. She seemed like a very nice person. Also, be sure to apologize to her for me. I never got to talk to her much while we were in the taverns together for obvious reasons…

I hope to see you soon.
Yours,
Heinrich

P.S. Sorry about the Messenger, but I had to do it!
The messenger sat on the ground, resting after his long hop from Bath to Bridgewater…

“Can you untie me now, m’ lady?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Slightly thrown back by a hoping messenger, and hearing his words. Marz stared stunned removing the letter from his pocket. Recognizing the seal she burst it open and began reading. Upon reading it she couldn’t help but laugh at the poor messenger. Covering her mouth trying to hide her laughter. She eventually released him from the bounds. Deciding to give him some rest and find a fresh messenger. One not yet traumatized.

Quote :
“My beloved Hein,

What have you done? That poor messenger is fully traumatized. I will surely be sure in between my laughter to make sure further affections are written! The poor kid’s feet were raw from hoping an entire day’s trip!

Next Sunday is the final day of the elections. Seems our mayor Ilaniol has fallen ill. Leaving much of the town in my hands. In fact supporting me for my race for office. It does a heart good to know such a fine man trusts me so well. Also being the town mentor. Some mentor one so free and over energized. So much to do. I am sure the time from now until Sunday will fly by, but it still seems so long until I can be in your arms again.

Now names of whom and what isn’t fair, besides I not sure such an endeavor I am up to. I will just stick independent. Right in the middle is the fairest place for me.

The mayor putting my monkey to sleep! What kind of conspiracy is this? I come to visit my glorious man only to be received with such harsh ties! Well I tell you when ever I next make it to Bath. Davidous will get an ear full from me!

As to Frosty I have given her your warm greetings, and she replies warmly back a hello and is fully aware of the distraction. Litheon says he knew as well what your distraction was. Naming me in particular. Now it seems I’m charged with a crime of monopolizing the judge’s time in taverns. My only response was I can’t wait to see what the judge orders for punishment, as I’m guilty as charged. To bad the judge is who I was enjoying so massively. Just as our many nights thus far together. So your honor how will you punish me?

Merrily,
Marzy

P.s. Since the last messenger is so badly treated. I send you a kiss threw writing, and hope my next letter isn’t tortured to badly as well. XXOOXX ”

Folding the letter three times she pours candle wax all over it. Trying to make it look like she was rushing massively to produce it. Wrapping it up repeatedly in the binds that the messenger was in. A couple of sticks of lavender slightly roughed up. Finding a new messenger to deliver it. He arrives before Lord Heinrich. “I am mark. Marz says the last messenger passed on at her ranch, and she had to tend to his burial before he ruined her crops.” he stood nervously waiting a response. Fear getting the better of him as he ran from the scene.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Heinrich

Lord_Heinrich

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 pm

The messenger comings running back, apparently unscathed from his encounter with the Pikemen. He carries with him a large letter, bearing the seal of Hamburg…

Quote :
Dearest Marz,

It is, as always, a pleasure to hear from you once again. I hope you are well.

If the elections are ending next Sunday then I must be in Bridgewater by Friday night. I promise you that I will not miss election night, as I know it will be a very important and special time for you. I will leave the exact date of my arrival a surprise.

I heard about Sir Illaniol’s problems and it brought a great pain to my heart. I sincerely hope that his condition will improve soon. He is a very honorable citizen of our County, and I know that he is a good friend of yours. I am sure that he will pull through.

As for your crime, you know that monopolizing my time is a serious offense and that it will not go unpunished! However, I might give you some leniency since you did in fact admit to the crime, if you ask nicely and cooperate… I will take some time this week to look up the appropriate punishments for such an offense and get back to you on that when I arrive in Bridgewater. I might need the Council to pass a few amendments…

Yours,

Heinrich

P.S. The messenger passed on? You mean he is dead, my dear!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:32 am

Pleased as Marz had been tending to her flower gardens early in the morning when the messenger arrived. Wiping a tad of sweat from her brow she smiled to see him well, and carrying a letter from her Hein. Handing a cream orange rose to him she takes and reads the letter. Returning him quickly as she could; the letter still having some dirt stains from her hands as she wrote. Folded and sealed with her normal wax of a lone candle and a stick of lavender laid across. A special single red rose was folded with in.

Quote :
“My dearest lord Hein,

I am pleased to see our messenger unscathed seemingly curious to why all the fuss with the last messenger. If he pesters too much with such questions though I may send him with some affections, and now that I know your pikemens response will make a fine treatment.

Yes I will defiantly have to go visit my friend with in the many coming days. He is a fit individual. I am sure he will return with vigor to us all. Ilaniol I mean.

News of your visit pleases me so much. A surprise date of course will keep my mind occupied with such thoughts constantly playing on it. Of amendments threw councils, and such. Worries one who simply feels the need to break a crime to show her affections; of course I will always pleasure in any time with you. I will eagerly await your arrival. An hopefully Thump will as well be back on cycle to not distract me from my punishments. Of which I have faith in your honor that said punishments will be fair, and most tolerable to one of such a nature as me. ; Although I may have to throw myself on the mercy of your court. It is something I will happily do to you. Oh umm I mean us… Dang ink… Oh well never mind.

To the matter of our previous messenger he is not passed away. I was having a slight bit of fun with you for such an event. I am still a tad shocked at your reaction. Makes this woman fear giving you affections in front of your pikemen, and my imagination runs wild these days of being bound with a letter stuffed in my err well skirts for a poor soul to rescue me. Although likely a tad bit of binding would suit my punishments for my crimes.

Merrily,
Marzy

Ps… since you have forbidden my day away affections. XOXOXO until I am in your arms again. I will be preparing you a room immediately for your visit!”

The messenger sat back chuckling lightly as he awaited any idea as to why such a stink over the last messenger.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Heinrich

Lord_Heinrich

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm

A messenger arrives on horseback carrying a large letter, stamped with the seal of Hamburg…

Quote :
My Lady Marzena,

It was certainly liberating to hear that the messenger did not die as a result of his trauma. I thought that some of my best guards were going to be forced into hiding for a little while when I read your letter…

I will arrive in Bridgewater on the morrow. As a matter of fact, I am getting ready to leave as I write this letter; I have never packed so quickly in all my life. The messenger should arrive much sooner than I ,as I am traveling by carriage with some family members who are going with me to pick up my Jahdaughter and finally bring her back home to Bath. That is a very exciting thought for me as well. It has been a long time since she has been home, safely in Bath.

Wish me well on my journey and look for me as I come up the road, for I will be looking for you…

Yours,

Heinrich

P.S. I sincerely appreciate the room that you are preparing for me. I know without a single doubt that it will be lovely. I look forward to sharing the gift enclosed with you there.

Before the messenger left, he handed Marz a small package…

Oh, this is for you, m’Lady. It came with the letter…

Inside the package was a small case of chocolates, made in Hamburg…

(RP) Only a Day Away… 2056002685_german-chocolate-no-cook-fudge-recipe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 am

Waking in the early morning the night prior had been so ruined once again. Not truly able to send him off in any proper form. Still the warmth of the fur rug in her office, and the mysterious words of his left behind. Marzy sits up ignoring the loud clamors in town square by the disgruntled. She pulls out quill and pen setting it to paper.

Sometime later a letter arrives folded in half, and sealed with the red wax of her office candles. A lavender laid across is delivered by the same messenger. Although he seemed quite distracted in his own right.

Quote :
“My love,

I awoke with my body listless and uncooperative missing you again. I am glad despite all issues we have watched past. An such hard work I put forward to steal your time in my office for our short while. The level of intimacy remains unchallenged in my heart. An has made me yearn for more of your precious time.

I do feel it greatly important to apologize to you my dear. What you witnessed is something I am not accustomed to in my life. Still I am happy that you were able to find excitement in your time here. An that you have found yourself able to ignore such denunciatory behaviors. I find myself more and more locked with in my office. Avoiding all pleasures in my life. With the return of my four children I know I must fight this urge. I just have no appetite to continue to the wretched shows of humanity any further.

Your say soon you will return. I pray thee finds me soon. Beyond a couple blessed souls of this town I find myself in a never ending state of fey. Only constantly reliving or last moments of joy, and of course our first breakfast together. My mind wonders of now. How was Bath upon your return? Pleasantly left and uplifting I hope? For now I long for a undefined length of a nap. Perhaps some rest will show a bright new day.

Not so Merrily,
Marzy”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:59 pm

So many days with no word. Calm in the town for now at least. Marzy had crept home to her ranch. Finding the lone soldier waiting her. She had become so lonely she couldn’t help except. Her stack of letters containing proposals of many kinds. His words didn’t really shock her, but she thought it was excepted.

Her love was supposed to return by now. Long time by now. No words back, and certainly no promised appearance. Marzy was going mad looking at different objects to her desires. How easy it would be to just take this quill she fumbled in her fingers and just do it. Ending it all…

Putting instead to paper once more…

A messenger arrives saddened look carrying another note for Lord Heinrich. Folded sloppily not even sealed this time, and a stick of lavender with the flowers being rubbed off.

Quote :
“My dearest,

I have grown so accustomed to your efforts, and presence. The many days now it has been since I last heard your words. I can’t even deal with it anymore. I have stacks of mail, but never one with your seal. Your planned arrival back into Bridgewater came and left. I with no word am assuming the inevitable.

You to have succumbed to our end. There for it is with a saddened heart I enclose your ring. Giving you the chance at the freedoms of others. I feel my end with this is coming. May Jah give you what it is you so wish in life. As it doesn’t appear to be myself. As words of others reach me of your activities. None ever lead us back together again, but instead greeting others. While I lay in wait of any sign of your beating heart. I do not get.

Not so merrily,
Mar”

She had fallen asleep writing this her name not even completely written out, and the ring laid on top where she had been fumbling it flipping back and forth between if she really had wanted to send it. Marzy’s nanny and house maid had woken early to begin preparing for Charlot waking up. Seeing the note she slid it from under Marzy’s sleeping face. Trying to mimic how Marzy finished her letters. Making sure the note had been made to match exactly how it was, but failing not sealing it, or placing carefully enough the lavender. She still sent it off to Lord Heinrich on Marzy’s behalf. Thinking she knew what was best…

As Hein opens the letter the ring managed in the folds of the paper to make the trip to Bath where it now falls out as it is unfolded. Clear tear stains mark the paper. Little slightly raised edges are reminants of each tear.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Heinrich

Lord_Heinrich

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Heinrich grabs the ring off the floor and falls down in a chair, staring at the two letters that had been delivered to him. He quickly reads the last one as he stares, running his index finger along the tear marks, shocked at the writing, before jumping up off the ground, tears coming to his own eyes. If only Marzena knew of the events that kept him from coming to Bridgewater to be with her again as he had planned… If only she knew of the letter he had received only three days ago upon his arrival back in Bath… the letter, bearing the seal of Hamburg; the letter bringing the news of his mother’s death…. Heinrich knew that he should have sent word to his love about his unfortunate events, but the sadness in his heart was so great that he could not even force himself to write a word.

He got up and shoved the ring in his pocket as he grabs his coat and hat and marches out in the rain towards his horse. He had lost the woman that brought him into this world, the woman that had raises him to be in the man that he was, but he would not lose the woman that was the love of his life. He sinks his spurs into the steed as he shoots off down the road towards Bridgewater; no luggage packed with clothes; no food to eat; no water to drink; no message to his friends has to where he has gone to… Only the ruby ring, secured in his jacket. The rain hits his face and the wind makes his cape fly around him as the horse runs at full speed down the old stone road…
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 am

A blood stained and tear stained note arrives upon the sorrowed soul of a Bridgewater messenger. Nothing else special to it. The letter had been sent in a state of confusion for Marzy. She didn’t even realize she had sent it, but instead thoughtlessly thrown it together while in her state of complete stress.

Quote :
“Revan my beloved Jah daughter,

It is with a confused heart and beyond saddened one that I send you this note. On the eve of our wedding our supreme Lord Heinrich has perished. His passing great sorrow to us all. It was as he lay dying that we wed, and he gave me this to give to you. His Judicial Magistrate ring was his dying wish you to have. I am sorry Revan to be the one to have to send this.

For now Heinrich’s body rests in Bridgewater. We will have his memorial service as soon as I can remember how to hold one. I am so terribly confused. Please tell the rest of the family. They truly should know of their loss.

Horribly lost,
Marzena Muffin Greydel.”

The messenger hands over the ring to the woman he had brought the letter to.
Back to top Go down
Revandenizen

Revandenizen

Position : Templar
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Character sheet
SAS Status: Starter Starter

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:02 am

A traveler, weary from the road, and looking as if he has not rested in quite some time, approached Revan, who was still watching Lethion dancing out on the floor at the Coronation Ball. "My Lady Revan? A note that I beg you to read," he said as he held up a letter.

She frowned in confusion. Who would have sent a letter to her in the middle of a ball? "From who is it from? Shall you not sit down and rest a bit, sir?"

"It is a matter that cannot wait. It concerns your Jahfather, Lord Heinrich ... " he trailed off for a bit as he watched her open and read the letter. The blood drained from her face as the Judicial Magistrate ring her beloved Jahfather always wore slipped out of the letter and onto the floor. The messenger bent down to retrieve it for the lady, seeing that she was in shock. "Lady Revan?"

She was stunned, to say the least, and it took her a moment before she looked over to the messenger, who rested his hand on her shoulder and held up the ring for her. "Thank you for finding me so quickly. Now, if you will excuse me ... I am needed at home at once." She reached into her purse, gave the gentleman a bag of coins for his trouble, and excused herself from the proceedings. The messenger did not rest, and instead followed her out.
Back to top Go down
Revandenizen

Revandenizen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Adrastos, Revan's falcon that adopted her when he followed her home from a trip to Gloucester, flew towards the widow. In his claws was a piece of rolled up parchment, which he gently dropped in the lady's hands. He could tell that the lady was greatly upset, just like his owner, so he patiently sat by and gave only a little shriek, one loud enough for her to know that he was there, and while he could only really fly and deliver messages, that he would do his best.

The letter was tear stained and written hastily, as if the author had been in a great hurry.

Quote :
Dear Marzena,

Jah ... I do not know where to begin. This is all so sudden and so soon ... I was expecting a joyous letter, not one of sorrow. When I first read your note, I thought it to be a cruel joke, something that could not be ... but then again, Heinrich would not go that far. He has a good sense of humor, but one with limits ... has ... had ... oh Jah.

I am currently on my way home to Bath to settle some affairs there that must be dealt with, and then I shall go to Bridgewater to help you with whatever I can. I expect to be there on Monday, please wait for me and others in Bath who would wish to attend any services in Bridgewater.

Afterwards, I would like your permission to take Heinrich back to Bath and the family manor.

Life is what happens when all of the plans we make for it go to Hades. Take things one step at a time, I will be there soon.

- Revan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:44 am

Continued from here:

http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=157&mforum=lkr#157

Two black soldiers entered the hobble heading straight for Hein. Looking threw the door she could see the black carriage pulled by two black steeds. Who were ever impatiently halted from movement. A black reigns man on the top holding the horses at bay. The black soldiers lift of Hein with Marz still on top resisting and carry him placing him with in the carriage. Placing both with in marz slips out a note from her hidden writing tablet and jots a quick not stuffing it under Hein’s wedding back in the inside palm of his hand.

Quote :
“Revan,

Take Hein to Della she can work miracles against the unnatural sources that have attacked him this night. I am lost to you all for now. If you have any fondness for me. Please attend to the one true love I have had. When I am free I shall come find you.

Marzy”

When she was sure it was hidden she stepped back turning to the seven. “Now I need answers.” she steps back threw the fog, and listens for the carriage to leave. She knew he was being taken to Revan. “An answers we have.” the pregnant woman stood from her rocking chair placing a arm around marz’s shoulder and revealing herself as NickyL…

After a day the black carriage with the unnaturally spirited black horses roll and ramble up to the Castle held by the man they now carried. Coming to a thunderous stood the two black soldiers pile out and begin unloading the body of Heinrich. Releasing him only to the lady Revan or Lady Della as per Marzena’s request.
Back to top Go down
Revandenizen

Revandenizen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Time blew by as Revan returned back to Bath. She focused on keeping her thoughts on other matters, like taking care of her flock of sheep, and the orders that she needed to produce for her weaving business, but it was a difficult job to do. All she could think about was the letter that she had received from Bridgewater. She traveled all day to get here, and now dusk was ending, leading to the black of night.

She looked ahead and saw Heinrich's castle, illuminated by torches up along the road. Oh Jah, the memories that she had had there ... She shook them away as she noticed an odd looking carriage heading towards the residence. It was all black and was pulled by two black horses ... What ... in the name of Jah ...? Revan knew in her heart what it was, but she cared not to admit it. "Stop!" she screamed as she ran towards the sad truth that she had hoped never to see ...

The horses never stopped, and Revan ran as fast as she ever had. No no no no no, she thought, each word going along with the pounding of her boots upon the road. No no no no no no no ... this can't be, Jah this cannot be ... how did she send him over so quickly? Maybe it was the will of Jah, or the will of her own heart, but she caught up to the carriage. "Stop, I say! Stop!"

One of the black soldiers in the front of the carriage puled the reins on the horses, and they came to a halt.

"Why do you trespass so?" she said, her voice cracking with emotion. She knew what the answer would be. "This is the estate of my Jahfather, what do you wish of him?"

"You must be Lady Revan Breydel, then ..." the soldier who pulled on the reins answered her, and leapt off the carriage. He approached her and bowed. "My lady ... I am truly sorry ..."

Her breath caught in her throat. "But ... how? He was older yet in perfectly good health! About to be married!" She walked over to the carriage, past the second solder who had exited the carriage and tried to block her from seeing what was inside. She struggled past him, managing to slip under his arm and she opened the door and let the moonlight flow into the carriage.

Her hand flew to her mouth, but it did not stop the wail that came out of her mouth. "It was out of nowhere, my lady ... " Words escaped him as Revan began to cry. She reached out to touch the hand of the man who had loved her as if she was his true daughter. Her eyes followed the blood stains on his shirt up to his neck, and she uttered a cry as she looked upon the wound. She changed her gaze to his face " ... Oh, Jahfather ..."

"Lady Revan?" She turned around as her name was called, and her eyes focused on a man dressed in armor. It was Pikeman Hasslehoff. She sniffled, and it wasn't until a few moments had passed that she realized he was speaking to her. "My lady ... we should ... move him inside ... where he will be safe."

Revan felt her mouth open a bit, and heard her voice say, "Yes, yes of course." Heinrich ... was killed? Killed ... assassinated ... murdered ... the note hadn't mentioned that, did it? Does it matter? He is gone nonetheless. She paused for a moment, took a breath in and out. That's it, girl, she told herself, don't bother with one step at a time, one breath at a time. With the extra oxygen, she felt her head clear up a little bit, enough to give Hasslehoff some instructions.

"Hasslehoff, take Lord Heinrich to his room. Let these soldiers who escorted Heinrich home have food, drink, and a place to stay. Have extra guards posted at all entrances of the castle, no one but family members are to be admitted at this point, unless clearance by family members is given. Inspect the castle grounds thoroughly." She thought ahead, and looked at the castle grounds around her. One member of her family was already struck down ... was the rest of her family safe? "Is Della here?" Revan started to walk towards the castle.

"No, my Lady," Hasslehoff motioned to the soldiers, who began to lead the horses towards the grounds. By this time, pikemen, already on alert, had begun to appear at the entrances, and three more came to assist the carriage and the man inside of it. Revan walked with a quickened pace, and Hasslehoff followed her inside the castle. She began to walk up the stairs.

"Lady Revan," he called out, following her as she headed to her room. Charlemagne, Heinrich's pup, ran around at her feet, but she gave no reaction. "My lady, please ... is there anything I can do for you?" She finally stopped as she reached the door to her room. "Fetch some water? Food? Have a maid prepare a bath for you?"

She stood there in a daze, and looked down at the little dog. She carefully picked him up, still a blank expression on her face, and handed him off to Hasslehoff. "Be sure all family members are guarded carefully, and have three soldiers attend to Heinrich at all times. Send word to the mayor of Bridgewater that Heinrich is home." She turned and entered her room. Hasslehoff stepped forward a bit, the pup resting in his arms.

"And you, my Lady? Who shall I assign to you?"

Revan paused for a minute, but could not look at the pikeman at all. "No one. Leave me alone." And with that, the door was shut, and the pikeman stood in the hallway, knowing he was far from the only one feeling lost ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (RP) Only a Day Away…   (RP) Only a Day Away… Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(RP) Only a Day Away…
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle of Bristol :: Enter Hall :: The Bards Tale Tavern at Bristol-
Jump to: