Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thirsty Out-of-Towner?

Go down 
+5
whispers
lishianthius
Tyjeff9
shanehall16
Rebo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebo

Rebo

Registration date : 2007-03-05

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Empty
PostSubject: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:30 am

Rebo is walking along a path he never traveled before. He sees a building snugged nicely behind some powerful oak trees and a pleasant stream. He quickens his pace out of excitement and curiosity. When he gets closer he notices a sign that reads "The Bards Tale Tavern". Very excited at the prospect of quenching his thirst, he nearly runs towards the door. As he gets close he hears a hammering on the side of the Tavern, so he walks around to corner to see a female carpenter hammering the final nail into the wood.

Rebo clears his throat softly so as to not startle the carpenter.

"Oh Hello, stranger! Welcome to the Bards Tale, I don't think I have seen your face before," she says to the thirsty Rebo.

"I can't imagine you have seen many faces 'round these parts, it looks like you just are finishing up construction?"

"Construction?! Oh no, mate, just a few repairs. The Bards Tale has been here for ages, quietly waiting for passer byers like yourself," the carpenter replies quickly, as she hears Rebo's mouth clicking with dryness. "You look like you might want a drin..."

"YES PLEASE!" he interrupts. "I feel like I haven't had a beverage in years!"

The Carpenter laughs, "Follow me, thirsty stranger." The two walk inside the cozy tavern. The low ceilings make it have an intimate feeling, a good place to meet new people. "The name is Erin, by the way, I am one of the bartenders here."

"Wow a bartender AND carpenter, what can't you do?"

The two sit and talk for a while about life, politics, and music. Rebo wonders how many patrons the tavern gets, not that he is unsatisfied talking with Erin, but just curious how the business keeps running.
Back to top Go down
shanehall16

shanehall16

Position : Yeoman
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 am

shane walks into this spiffy renovated tavern, everything sparkles and gleams eager to be used by the people of Somersest. shane walks to the bartender and ask for a mild beverage as he is conducting council business in the blistering heat.

here you are mate, what brings you this way? the bartender asks.

well im getting the word out about the woodchuck festival. Its gonna be a good one there something for everyone.

where would this woodchuck festival take place shane? ask the bartender

why it will take place in the most delightful town of Chard, all the details are here if your interested Mr Bartender.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=45583]

Anyway its back to business for me. Nice to see you relaxing alittle Rebo, you musnt work yourself thin you know. Have a wonderful day and be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bubbleshall

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Mike stops by this dead looking tavern and thinking of the competition stops by to see whats going on...

Well... I guess I've not much to worry about just now, as this place seems so quiet, can I get a drink at least?

Mike looks around for the serving girl but finds no one listening

Hmmm, should I just hop the bar table and fill a mug?...

Mike stands by the bar pondering what to do...
Back to top Go down
Tyjeff9

Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Wanders around getting quite thirsty...

Walking into a quiet little tavern..and notices MikeBlack eyeing behind the bar..

Tyjeff cant help but smile...

"I say we should just fall behind that counter and notice the barrels of Beer and mugs lying around and spill some of that beer to the brim of the mugs " Say Tyjeff Running up and jumping over the counter..

Then stops to see if Mike will join him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Mike chuckles as TyJeff falls behind the counter.

Oh, why not, couldn't hurt anything, no ones around anyway.

Mike hops over the counter and falls below as well... but he is stopped dead in his tracks as he looks forwards to see the largest keg of ale he's ever encountered in all his days of tavern hopping...
Back to top Go down
Tyjeff9

Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:36 am

Tyjeff is busy looking for mugs when he notices Mike jump down..

How nice of you to join m.... Tyjeff stopped what he was saying and notices what Mike is looking at..The biggest keg of ale EVER(or close too the biggest)

Tyjeff's eyes get big and and he raises his eyebrow
Back to top Go down
lishianthius

lishianthius

Position : bowman/corporal
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:43 am

shia walks into the tavern seeking a drink and hears 2 men's voices but can't see them
ehhm hello? anyone in here?
Back to top Go down
whispers

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:19 am

Scanning the room with habit of hers. Whispers finds a few in place with in the tavern. They all have seemed to fall asleep under this places powerful drinks. Stopping and reaching for Justians hand she pulls him within the tavern. Feeling this would be a good place for her to relax while she got her bearings she quickly found a booth and sat on the fine leather cushions. Faning out her red velvet cover let to cover all but her small feet.

Hoping Justian wouldn't mind a quick stop on their way to the office.

Looking up again it views Lish remembering her. To bad she sleeps so easily. Looking to lord Justian and hands him a note.

Quote :
Come lets speak long like we did when we first met. Perhaps you can explain this castle and its lay out slightly. As well as tell me how your sis Tima has been? Many I remember from my visits in Somerset. Has Lady vana and crew been around?

She stopped writing there. Assured this gave Justian much to chew on while she ordered a almond butter chicken with a spicy/hot orange sauce and ale. Snuffing out the near by candles so none could see her she lifted her mask and relaxed a moment in the very darkened area. Slowly eating her chicken and passing the time by whilst they conversed. She offered Justian some of her plate, as really the helpings here were more than her corn stomach could handle. Her eyes at least showing calm in his presence, but secretly were watching threw his eyes both infront of her, and behind threw the shine of his eyes. Ready to pull down her mask at any intrusion.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Justinan
Knight
Lord_Justinan

Registration date : 2007-02-25

Character sheet
SAS Status: Elite Elite

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:30 am

Justin sits in this dark corner of the tavern with their Somerset guest and talk with her about issues of his County and beyond.
She had a long trip, she is tired but the informations that she bring are very valuable for Somerset, plus somehow Justin enjoys her present for one more time.

Her meal offer is a pleasant suprise to him and he accept it with a warm smile.
While they eat, they whisper close for eventuall WOS activity...

My lady, i know you are so tired, but at least come when you are ready to see your Office,we have a lot to do and talk on the upcoming days, in Somerset is never boring you know....
Back to top Go down
lishianthius

lishianthius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:22 am

wakes up at the sound of talking
must've been drinking to much.. i'm hearing voices
see's justin and staggers towards him
hi justin what takes you to this sorta deserted tavern?
Back to top Go down
whispers

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:25 am

Having stared long into Justian’s eyes. Nearly forgetting her purpose of such a stare. Whispers felt much warmed by such a smile. Their meal very delectable as it rolled quickly filling their guts. Her smile rising to meet his as she sets forth to write again.

Quote :
Of course it was a long trip. You know though I did not take a moment to hesitate and enjoy rest, taverns, and occasionally the fine conversation. Much of Wos visits as well. They maybe out to cause havoc, but a few have brains in their heads. My office mm I sure I will find very small and plain. To my tastes. Makes me yearn fort he roads and visiting more people. My one crooked pleasure as you well know. I must say you have shown me a pleasantly surprising fine second visit a…

Hearing a familiar voice behind her she quit writing and her eyes dart to Lord Justian’s. Seeing Lish awaken and starting to move again she quickly drops her mask with out hesitation. Once again hiding who she was. Not before flashing Lord Justian a wink and grin as her mask slipped down over her face. She sat there a moment with out reaction and holding ever so still. Before realizing her note remained incomplete. As quieted chuckle comes from behind the mask. An Whispers begins writing again.

Quote :
Seems we have been discovered my lord. A chance I took when I accepted your fine offer. One I could not resist though. Come answer her. I shall wait ever so amused.

Folding the note in half she slides it across the table towards Justian. Looking up into his eyes again with a slight twinkle and wince at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Marzy loosing patients with how long things seemed to be taking here decided to make her way to find that drink. Placing a small bag of money down she looked to the bar keep with a stern face she mumbled, "Ale." Writing down the remainders of her needs she leaves the paper on the bar. Walking over to a bar table she takes a seat. Setting down and sipping on her Ale.

The bar keep picked up the bag of money. Noting how heavy it was. Thinking how odd he lifted the paper reading it.

Quote :
"Forgive my apparant oddness. I am mostly mute. Makes great for keeping my tongue, but difficult for communications. I need word sent to the mayor of Bridgewater that I wish to speak with him. As well as let Lady Timari know I am here. An send word to Lord Justian that I have visited. As well as let Lady Allikath know her cousin is visiting. Send my hails to the remainder of those in the castle."

The bar keep looked at Marzy a bit perplexed, but thought with such payment he should at least send word to those he could find.
Back to top Go down
lishianthius

lishianthius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:07 am

swaggers towards the new person and says hi drunkenly then try's to sit down and misses the chair completly

hi

chair started moving
maybe should really stop drinking now,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Watching as Lish staggers over to her than falls. Marzy's eyes shoot widely open. Sitting there a bit dumb struck she quickly snickers into the palm of her hand. She is drunk no wonder she isn't remembering me. Shooting out an hand she reaches to assist Lish off of the floor. Smiling softly to her.

"Hailed hail," she mutters in her cracky windy attempts of speech. Writing quickly.

Quote :
It's been long time Lish. Since my stays in BW during my trip to Cumberland. How be thee this glorified day?"
passing her a note she thought. A bit toasted I would say. Glad some things haven't changed.
Back to top Go down
Allikath
County Councillor
Allikath

Registration date : 2007-02-13

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:27 am

Allikath working in her office receives a message from the courier delivering new dispatchs from all over the county.

Seeing the message from Bristol castle she opens it immediately.
Reading the words she is elated at the news.

Grabbing a pen and paper she hurrily scrawls a message to give to the courier before he rides on.

Quote :
Dearest cousin,

What joy that you have finally arrived. I am far too occupied to visit Bristol castle but you must come visit me in Gloucester.
Has the rest of the family arrived yet?
We really must arrange a family reunion.
There is so much to relate to each other.

Your cousin,
Alli.

Handing the note to the impatient young man he rushs to his horse and rides off at a inspired gallop.

Allikath sighs deeply and smiles.
Back to top Go down
Scotius

Scotius

Registration date : 2008-02-15

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Scotius walks the grounds of bristol castle and walks into a wall. Can it be, a tavern I have yet to visit, he thinks while rubbing his nose. This must be corrected immediately.

As he steps in he sees Lishianthius being helped up by someone he has not seen before.

"Alas, I am too late to help you Lish, but perhaps I can make amends by buying a round of ale for you and your friend" He says as he approaches the bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 am

A young delivery man had rushed in thrusting a note in Marzy's face. Making sure Lish was firmly seated in a seat as to not fall again she took the note in her hand. Worrying with such a rush that it been some tragedy. Her mind floats over to her now missing daughter fearing the worst she ripped it open.

Closing her eyes and letting out a deep breath she relaxed setting down and scrolling the note with her eyes. Feeling completely joyed it was from Alli. She sat thinking of her response. Now pulling out her charcoal pencil and paper she prepared to write. When a strange man entered the tavern. Lifting her eyes from the paper she looks at him with a soft smile. Apparantly he knew Lish though. Nodding a bit to his offer of ale she winks a bit. "Danke" then sits to return word to Alli.

Quote :
"My kindly cousin,

Your cousin Kathrine has been in Bridgewater visiting for much time now. As Im sure you have heard I have started a very successful merchants business. Which will make me a rather permenant feature of Somerset. Yet until my assistants and crew catch up to my dealings I must continue traveling for now. One can not pass up the chance of aiding the citizens of this nation.

Indeed I shall be passing threw Gloucester. I will be bringing my new husband Lerendus. My plans to one day settle down here in Somerset are still certain, but for now. I have to continue setting up this business with all details personally attended to. Even my assistants make mistakes I must correct. Nothing worse than an angered TM or Duke crying a foul. Lucky for me Duchesses tend to be more patient. I will be returning to Somerset just as quickly as I depart. Rest assured the family can not wait to establish themselves in this fine land.
As always,
Merrly,
Marzy"

Folding ans sealing with the wax of a lone tavern candle Marzy pulls out a dried stick of Lavendar and lays it across. Looking to the jittery boy who delivered it she lets out a little snicker to his impatientness.

Quote :
"Take this to my cousin Alli in Gloucester."

Paying him twenty pence just to excite him more she turns her attentions back to the man offering free ale. Noting the suns rays and hour of the day. She really must be going soon her schedual is so tight.
Back to top Go down
Scotius

Scotius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am

Scotius orders three mugs of ale. Noting Lishianthius' condition he hands a mug to her, making sure she actually has the mug before letting go, "it would be a shame to let good ale go to waste on the floor" and sets one down next to the other lady, who has just recieved a message. When she has handed her reply to the delivery boy he decides to introduce himself. "Scotius at your service ".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 am

A sly eye catches the gentleness at which this man, now becoming known as Scotius, handles Lish. A slight smile curses her lips as she watches him securing the ale in her hand. Nodding her head to him she writes.

Quote :
"I am Marzena Morgan Von Leichstein. Most call me Marzy. You are welcomed to. How is it you know sweet Lish sir?"

Wrapping her fingers around the ale she places the rim on her lips and sips on the ale. mmmm guud she utters.
Back to top Go down
Scotius

Scotius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 am

After hearing the question Marzy asked he thought quickly about how to best answer it. He finally decides that the direct approach would be the most approriate, so after taking a good sized drink of ale he said, "Well m'lady, as far as how I met Lishianthius, I had the honor of meeting her on the jousting field, where I can admit now that as the more experinced soldier, she was able score more points and won. But, I do not begrudge soneone for a hard-earned victory."
Back to top Go down
lishianthius

lishianthius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:05 am

looks sluggishly at scotius
ohh hello scotius how are ya?
reads marzena's question
ohh i met scotius somewhere with horses and cheering crowds and uhh i believe pointy things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:25 am

Marzy listened to the two spout off about the jousting competition. A competition she herself had missed, but she heard many tales of. She thinks tis another such tale. Even though very intriguing she noticed the sun set heavy in the day. Giving a heavy laugh and having completed all she was to do this visit she noticed a familiar burn in her bosom. Her body was crying for her infant, and husband.

Throwing some of her ale down her throat, but not completing. She jots down a quick note. Standing and straightening out her dress she gathers her different documents. Assurd the supplies were delivered. Assured Ler's would be complaining of so much work. One would think at times he expected to retire when he married her. Also she needed to check in on the family gaurd making sure they were training hard enough.

Quote :
"Lish I must go now. I hope to see you a slight more sober when I return from these trades."

Quote :
"Scotious tis been a wonderous pleasure to meet such a warrior. I do as well hope the chance on my return to pleasure you with some ale."

Giving Lish a quick kiss on top of her drunkened head she gives Scotious a head bow. Turning she heads to the door smiling at certain pleasantries she found a tad enjoyable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 pm

Entering the tavern sluggishly Marzy puts down a lb for an ale. Seeming a tad sorrowful as she took the ale finding a booth. She sits in a booth her back to the wall. Sipping on the ale she closes her eyes and rests. This journey took more out of her this time and she was a tad exhausted.
Back to top Go down
lishianthius

lishianthius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:46 am

wakes up and groans shouldn't take so much beer.. see's marzena enter and waves hello marzena! how are ya?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Marzy lifts her head blinking. Herself having to much ale. Looking at Lish she smiles writing her usual ale.

"Im tired it seems Lish. Burnt out I just need some more sleep I think, but but I can't. I have more trading to do. Think BW is a good quiet home for me to return to and sleep?"

she smiles passing the note taking up another ale absent mindedly. Catching herself she passes the mug to Lish with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thirsty Out-of-Towner?   Thirsty Out-of-Towner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thirsty Out-of-Towner?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle of Bristol :: Enter Hall :: The Bards Tale Tavern at Bristol-
Jump to: