Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trade request from Chester

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chardonnay
Admin

Position : Administrator
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

Trade request from Chester Empty
PostSubject: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:10 am

Chester has approached me today requesting wool. We recently purchased 293 balls from the Breton trader, and have 347 in stock. We have used some 500 since I took office in the end of May. I did not give Chester a correct inventory, stating that we had less on hand than is indeed in our inventory.

Based on the numbers, we use about 250 - 300 per month in Somerset. Given that there is no assured supply of wool, I am chary of offering any to Chester, and told Saj that we had none for sale at this time. I'm aware that Bath often runs a surplus, yet between Bridgewater and Chard, the County easily uses more than Bath can supply. In addition, prices for wool around England are higher than the County's buy/sell price. Cornwall, for instance, has some for sale at 12.95, while we have bought and sold at 12.00.

Does anyone feel that it would be prudent to sell 50 to 100 balls of wool to Chester, albeit at a higher price than the County sells to our towns? I do not, but wished to enquire after your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Allikath
County Councillor
Allikath

Registration date : 2007-02-13

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:28 am

You are correct in that we have no continuous source of wool.
We also have a lot of citizens in Somerset who will be leveling up and need clothes.
We can't keep up with wool in GC so I would say if we do give them any at all, 50 - 100 no more, and that at the best price we can get.
Somerset will be needing alot of wool ourselves.
I am sorry if this seems selfish but we must look to our own citizens first.
Back to top Go down
Ellsbeth
Admin
Ellsbeth

Registration date : 2007-02-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 am

I also agree with this summation as wool has not been in over abundance for almost any county as is evidenced by demands for it in HOP trade threads.

Melora mentioned the other day in HOP having a small surplus that Saj might want if you wish to direct him that way.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious

Gregarious

Position : Lieutenant of Bath

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:05 pm

If we do not have enough we cannot afford to be generous. It is not the most Aristotelian attitude, but we should look after our own first.
Back to top Go down
Chardonnay
Admin

Position : Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:57 pm

Greg, that pretty well sums up my feeling. We have as much as we do because sucessive trade ministers have made a point of purchasing all that was available at a reasonable price. Our first responsibility is to the people of Somerset, all other concerns must remain a distant second. As we have about a one month supply, I shall not reconsider my refusal to Saj.
Back to top Go down
Dralon

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:54 am

If we do not have enough let's keep it. Our citizens come first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade request from Chester   Trade request from Chester Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade request from Chester
Page 1 of 1