Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chard SAS Recruitment Office

Go down 
+4
Necromonger
AngelFacade
Murata
slickrick
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slickrick

slickrick

Position : councillor/official beer taster of somerset
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

Chard SAS Recruitment Office Empty
PostSubject: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:37 am

This is the thread for the members of the recruitment office which will compose of 5 handpicked members to lead our efforts to recruit in Chard through the use of tavern and forum activity

Members:

1. Angelfacade from Corporal Sheo's group
2. Murata from Corporal Tatammy's group
3. Bigguynye from Corporal Luja's group
4. Necromonger from Corporal Luja's group
5. Brambank from Corporal Ebrithill's group

Last edited by slickrick on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:58 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:32 am

I was contacted, too.
Great idea! Being member in groups like this is one of the things I like most about RK.
Back to top Go down
AngelFacade

AngelFacade

Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:53 am

Hello Slick! Reporting for duty, sir!
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I think Brambank is Sqaud D (Ebrithil's), arent't you?
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 am

yea he is.
Back to top Go down
Necromonger

Necromonger

Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:38 am

Hello Slick! Reporting for duty, sir!

for some reason all the Private messages from this forum were going to the spam box Sad
Back to top Go down
Brambank

Brambank

Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 am

Reporting ready for duty, sir!
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 am

As usual waiting for big
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 am

yea thanks for informing me corporal. But I should make it clear that from now on only those who have names on the list are allowed to reply in this thread. For everyone else pm me if you want to post.
Back to top Go down
BigGuyNye

BigGuyNye

Position : Corporal - Man at Arms
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Hey I am in Gloucester right now!

Waiting to go fight in some war ???

Now you want me to recruit for Chards SAS or the county in general?

By The Way Am I a Horseman yet?
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 am

This is a Chard SAS recruitment office so only in chard. From now on you 5 will be known as recruiters. We will eventually have ranks based on how many new member you have recruited. However now is a brainstorming session. Does any one have any good ideas to how to recruit member into Chard SAS. One idea is that when we were away from the tavern, instead of using afk we would change our messages to Recruiting to Chard SAS, please mail me if your interested or something along that line. This idea came as the result of Necromonger who for some reason was afk for at least 24 hours at a time. Instead of stating afk he just changed his message which although said recluting instead of recruiting looks like an effective method to recruit new members who might come on the taverns. However we should not only stick to this type of recruiting but also start brainstorming ideas for the forum and mass mailing all those who have 0 to 10 rp points with carefully constructed messages. What do you recruiters think
Back to top Go down
BigGuyNye

BigGuyNye

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Okay but I am still Sleeping in the tavern I like it!

I will just hold a Sign saying wake me to signup!
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:15 pm

I would not care mailing the new ones, because I do have time at the moment, but I don't feel like constructing the mail. Maybe a native speaker would do much better here.
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 am

well the plan is to make one simple message and then copy and paste it. Who would like to construct the message?
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:53 am

Maybe we could create a kind of poster for the signature in RK Forum.
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:14 am

that is a good idea. Waiting to hear from others Smile
Back to top Go down
islandbabe

islandbabe

Position : Sergeant,Lieutenant/ Somerset Sheriff/ Weaver, Sheep Rancher, GC Council
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:10 am

Please excuse me for invading, I am Lieutenant of Gloucester SAS; we have taken a great deal of time on this matter of which you speak. If it so pleases, take a look around borrow and modify for your own posting and ~ or may it help with your brainstorming.

https://somerset.rpg-board.net/corporal-s-office-f98/work-in-progress-area-t1541.htm

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by islandbabe on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction of word)
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:47 am

Normal soldiers like me don't have access to that.
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic Castle of Bristol :: Somerset Armed Service (SAS) :: Gloucester :: Corporal's Office Actions !
Actions !
View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts
Topic is being watchedSend to a friend
Copy BBCode URL
Print this page

Work in progress area
View previous topic View next topic Go down
Kimble

PostSubject: Work in progress area Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Greetings Fellow Gloucester Citizen,

I am Corporal Kimble of the Gloucester branch Somerset Armed Services. Do you wish to enhance your Game Play and become a part of something that is bigger than yourself? Would you like to find new hidden depth to the game you love? Come join us at the Castle of Bristol and check out the SAS.

The Somerset Armed Services need you. I am recruiting members to swell our ranks to proudly serve and protect Gloucester, Somerset and the Kingdom of England. Follow this link provided by copy/paste in your browser:
https://somerset.rpg-board.net/sas-recruitement-office-f34/you-want-to-join-sas-t99-735.htm .

With the new changes afoot , we need all the help we can get. The SAS has a comprehensive program for advancement, training, meat grants for active members, inter town role play, Jousting Tournaments, Medic training, Archery training, and much much more!! Come visit us at the Castle of Bristol and tell them Corporal Kimble sent you and let your new role begin.

Yours

Corporal Kimble
Gloucester Town Councillor

Horseman, 9th Division, NEA
Back to top Go down
View user profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Kimble

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress area Mon May 19, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Greetings Fellow Citizen of Gloucester,

I am Corporal Kimble of the Gloucester branch Somerset Armed Services. I am writing to you about a matter of grave concern that threatens us all at the present time. Somerset is under threat from several groups like the "Wolves of Sherwood" and the "Reavers", who desire to steal and tear down that which we have built together here in Somerset and indeed in Gloucester.

The Somerset Armed Services needs people like you to help defend our homes from invasion and from having our way of life disrupted. Follow this link provided by copy/paste in your browser:
https://somerset.rpg-board.net/sas-recruitement-office-f34/you-want-to-join-sas-t99-735.htm .

By being part of the SAS we can coordinate our defense better. We need all the help we can get as they will try and overwhelm us with numbers rather than strong troops. The SAS has a comprehensive program for advancement, training, meat grants for active members, inter town role play, Jousting Tournaments, Medic training, Archery training, and much much more!! Come visit us at the Castle of Bristol and tell them Corporal Kimble sent you and let us help you protect your home and business.

Yours

Corporal Kimble

Back to top Go down
Kimble

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress area Mon May 19, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Greetings Citizen of Gloucester,

I am Corporal Kimble of the Gloucester branch Somerset Armed Services. I am writing to you because-

Your County needs you.

The "Wolves of Sherwood" and the "Reavers" desire to steal and tear down our homes and businesses in Gloucester and across Somerset.

Say no now and join the Somerset Armed Service. Follow this link provided by copy/paste in your browser:

The SAS has a comprehensive program for advancement, training, meat grants for active members, inter town role play, Jousting Tournaments, Medic training, Archery training, and much much more!! Come visit us at the Castle of Bristol and tell them Corporal Kimble sent you and let us help you protect your home and business.

Yours

Corporal Kimble

Back to top Go down
Kimble

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress area Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Dear Recruit

Welcome to 2nd Squadron of the Gloucester SAS.

Please refer to the SAS recruit Guide and links to get you started.

https://somerset.rpg-board.net/training-area-f69/sas-recruit-guide-t1546.htm

If you have and questions or problems, then please do not hesitate to contact me, preferably by in game mail as I will pick that up the quickest.

You are required to send your weekly report of Stats and weapons/armour to me every Sunday (after Mass) by in game mail. I will then post the summary in the 2nd Squad section of the Corporal's office.

https://somerset.rpg-board.net/corporals-office-f98/2nd-squadron-t1478-15.htm

I hope you enjoy your time with the SAS and 2nd Squadron.

Long live the King

Corporal Kimble
Lord of Gloucester

Back to top Go down
Kimble

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress area Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Dear 2nd Squad member

I have had several requests for the locations of the sashes and rank insignia.

The Gloucester sashe is obtained by pasting the following into your signature:-

The various rank insignia are available from this thread:

https://somerset.rpg-board.net/sas-recruitement-office-f34/updated-insignias-t567.htm

Any problems or questions please come back to me.

Corporal Kimble

Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 pm

what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:33 pm

slickrick wrote:

I am [NAME] of the Chard branch Somerset Armed Services. Do you wish to enhance your Game Play and become a part of something that is bigger than yourself? Would you like to find new hidden depth to the game you love? Come join us at the Castle of Bristol and check out the SAS.

The Somerset Armed Services need you. I am recruiting members to swell our ranks to proudly serve and protect Chard, Somerset and the Kingdom of England. Follow this link provided by copy/paste in your browser:
https://somerset.rpg-board.net/sas-recruitement-office-f34/sas-recruitment-office-t99-960.htm .

The SAS has a comprehensive program for advancement, training, meat and weapon grants for active members, inter town role play, Jousting Tournaments, Medic training, Archery training, and much much more!! Come visit us at the Castle of Bristol and tell them [NAME] sent you and let your new role begin.

Yours

[NAME]

I like this one most ... Changed a few things. We also should create this recruit guide in the Training Area.

For the recuit guide I have one question:
Where do you get to know what Squad your in?
Will the squad distribution post be up to date?

If so I would propose this:

Quote :
Dear Recruit
We are glad to see you got access to these halls.
What you will have to do next is:

1) Seek the Squad Distribution for your name. It will tell you which squad you are in.

2) Go to your Corporals office. In the first post the Corporal will tell you what and how often you will have to report to him. To introduce yourself you will do this report now.
You should check your Corporals office as often as possible, but at least once a day.

3) Your rank is at the moment Recruit. You could also remind your corporal of promoting you this month because the first Yeoman rank has no more requirements.
About the promotion procedure you can read here.
If you are promoted you can find your insignia here.
You should attach the Chard Sash to your signature, too

Gratulations you are now proud soldier of the SAS. The County of Somerset appreciates this very.

I am not sure about the insignia link, I found them there, but Gloucester is using a different, which I can't access.

Something I missed realy was a guide to the meat granting, because all the links I was sent were not existing anymore.
Back to top Go down
slickrick

slickrick

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:00 pm

ok seriously where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
BigGuyNye

BigGuyNye

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm

I am in Bath and will be home soon!
Back to top Go down
Brambank

Brambank

Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:44 pm

I'd agree with what Murata said about cleaning up the guides. It makes it for new recruits to join and stick with it if they can follow what they're doing easier. It's not that bad, just a little fine tuning would be a good improvement.

Maybe a few incentives or events to help with the recruiting. Regular patrols around the surrounding area or something. It gives the recruits something to do and makes it a bit more enjoyable.

Also, with Darkember back I think that bit Murata wrote could go in the Chard Pulp when the new issue is released.

(I've been away for past few days, hence no contribution since I reported)
Back to top Go down
Murata
County Councillor
Murata

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 pm

I sent Darkember a query.

I will start mailing the Chardians from 5 to 100 RP this evening. (Those who are active; Town list looks like a graveyard)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chard SAS Recruitment Office   Chard SAS Recruitment Office Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chard SAS Recruitment Office
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next