Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Management

Go down 
+4
budicca
Atri
Chardonnay
Vàna Rúndóttir
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vàna Rúndóttir

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Allikath as council leader is supposed to be in charge of this forum (which is why she's the moderator). I object to the fact that Chardonnay is unilaterally making decisions about which threads to close. I also object that the only admins on this site are from Hypno's party.
Back to top Go down
Chardonnay
Admin

Position : Administrator
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:05 pm

I object to you continuing to be an ass, Vana. Hypno OWNS this forum; it's his right to appoint whomever he wishes as moderators. If anyone objects to my closing threads, they're welcome to open new ones, or to message me and ask me to reopen them. I should have no issue with that, but would happily unlock any thread that remains of interest or import, and would acknowledge my error immediately.

But I don't lock threads because I want to, or because I can. I lock threads when it appears that they've outlived their usefulness, when events have bypassed their reason for being here, or when their purpose has been served. Any threads that I've closed and moved are in the Council archives, which are open to anyone who wishes to view them.

Please, feel free to note threads that should have continued life! I swear on those things I hold sacred that I have not closed threads with politics in mind, but only to keep this forum a little bit clean that people can read of current goings-on without being distracted by dead discussions.

Um, oh, and not to be picky, but Hypno has no party in Somerset. SNP is dead. I have no political affiliation in Somerset at this time. I'm a lame duck, not a member of any list, nor interested in continuing my political career in Somerset. I'm quite possibly the most disinterested person using these forums. So stop with the overdone, underthought political partisanship, Vana. It makes you look even more stupid.

And if you're objecting about the thread Budicca started about the debate moderator, then read again, along with the concurrent threads on the RK boards (yes, you can read, you just can't post) ... she SAID she made an error, jumped too fast. That's why I closed the thread here, cuz the originator said it was a mistake. If Budicca asks me to reopen that thread, I'll do so in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Atri

Atri

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 pm

OH dear.

Ladies, ladies, please. At the risk getting mauled by both sides here, I am going to attempt to act as a peacemaker here.

I think Chardy's doing the best she can, and not using her power with any intentional partisanship. If her closing some threads seemed premature or trigger happy, I do NOT believe she did so with any malice, but as she said, to keep the boards tidy and calm. As she points out, she is [as am I] a lame duck. Neither of us will be on this council next term. Is there really anything to be gained by making this a battle?

The board belongs to Hypno. I for one am grateful that he continues to allow us the use of it. Were we confined to the use of the RK boards only, then Vana wouldn't be able to post at all right now. I am thankful that the admins here are more understanding of heated emotional remarks and allow us a bit more leeway in expresing our opinions. [For instance: a couple of Chardy's less than ladylike remarks above.]

May I suggest a compromise in the interest of avoiding an unneeded battle?

How about these criteria for locking a thread, to avoid any subjective unilateral misunderstanding:

A thread shall be locked only upon...
1. the request of the thread originator
2. the request of the current duke or duchess
3. after the mod posting a mesage of intent to lock "if there are no objections," which would allow those who feel the thread shoudl remain open for further comment a chance to weigh in.

Sound reasonable?

I truly hope neither of you feel it necessary to further this dispute. It will solve nothing, and harm many.

Atri
trying to play the peacekeeper
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Registration date : 2007-02-20

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:24 am

I agree with locking the thread; that said; Why are we using an off-site forum owned by Duke Hypno who is a Scot now? I see no reason to continue to use a site where ultimately the only admin control is decided upon by a non interested party or at least he should be a non interested party! So far I believe that Ells and Chard have done a good job, but our Dutchess should be the ONLY admin and I am forced to wonder why Duke Hypno has not given her that authority? I have no desire to continue to take "orders" from a Scottish Duke. I am loyal to Dutchess Allikath, Somerset and first and fore most England our Regent and our Beloved King, but not Duke Hypno of Gallow. I am grateful to Duke Hypno for all his efforts on Somerset's behalf, but he is a Scot now and it is time to move on. Vana is right and I ask that Chardonay be censured for publically using such foul language and insulting, in public, a fellow member of Council!
Back to top Go down
Atri

Atri

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:20 am

budicca wrote:
... and I ask that Chardonay be censured for publically using such foul language and insulting, in public, a fellow member of Council!

Budicca ma'am. Let's not make this into more than it ought to be. All of us are surely entitled to the occassional emotional outburst. Haven't we all been guilty of that from time to time? There are some very passionate and fiery personalities on both sides, which is not really a bad thing. I'm NOT defending Chardy's choice of words. All I'm saying is, being human, we all say things in a less than acceptable manner at times.

I myself have made the mistake more than once, and in so doing nearly ruined what turned out to be a friendship with a good and decent person. Fortunately, the person forgave me my rash and ill-worded mistake.

I'd really just like to see the council focus on issues and not on personality [or personality conflicts as the case may be.]

Atri
passing around the mellow pills
Back to top Go down
Ellsbeth
Admin
Ellsbeth

Registration date : 2007-02-17

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 am

I have no objection whatsoever of moving council business to a more strictly moderated forum which RK is as there has been entirely too much latitude extended as far as lack of decorum on this forum.

Of course that would have meant several more bans having affected the tenure of council given posts that have been moved on this forum and sent to the rubbish forum here as such language is prohibited in RK but it also would have made for a more pleasant working enviroment so no objection.
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:47 am

Ellsbeth wrote:
I have no objection whatsoever of moving council business to a more strictly moderated forum which RK is as there has been entirely too much latitude extended as far as lack of decorum on this forum.

Of course that would have meant several more bans having affected the tenure of council given posts that have been moved on this forum and sent to the rubbish forum here as such language is prohibited in RK but it also would have made for a more pleasant working enviroment so no objection.
Several, well 2 is not several, but sure it would indeed and should! As for Atri remarks; I wonder if it had been a LoF counselor, who had been so rude and vulgar, if she would be so quick to call for reason and moderation. It is easy to call for moderation, when no one is calling you an "..." I for one feel such language in the Council room to be unacceptable and I won't be one of the ones excusing it or facilitating such behavior.
Back to top Go down
Chardonnay
Admin

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:50 am

I personally don't care what forums are used going forward. I'll be leaving Somerset as fast as a colony opens.

Lady Budicca, as has been mentioned in several other places, Hypno cannot give up his ownership of this board. For him to do so would be the equivalent of closing this forum and losing all the archives here, as well as the embassies and sas information. Too, Lady Allikath hasn't been extremely active of late, or she'd more than likely have closed threads too. Notice that I've not been closing threads in the private council room, leaving those for the duchess to do once the term ends.

I don't apologize for the words directed at vana. She has spent the entire term attacking me in any way she's been able to find, and has been deliberately obtuse in her apparent failure to understand logical argumentation in any way, shape or form.

If anyone has complaints about my moderation of these boards, you're free to forward such to Hypno
Back to top Go down
Atri

Atri

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

budicca wrote:
As for Atri remarks; I wonder if it had been a LoF counselor, who had been so rude and vulgar, if she would be so quick to call for reason and moderation.

The answer to this is absolutely yes. Of course I would. I'm actually a little hurt that you'd think otherwise, frankly.

I respect both Chardy and Vana. I am not taking anyone's side in this. I am simply appealing for all involved to take a step back and count to ten.

I don't tailor my remarks based on who's in what party. I simply speak my mind, from my heart.

Atri
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:45 am

Chardonnay wrote:
I personally don't care what forums are used going forward. I'll be leaving Somerset as fast as a colony opens.

Lady Budicca, as has been mentioned in several other places, Hypno cannot give up his ownership of this board. For him to do so would be the equivalent of closing this forum and losing all the archives here, as well as the embassies and sas information. Too, Lady Allikath hasn't been extremely active of late, or she'd more than likely have closed threads too. Notice that I've not been closing threads in the private council room, leaving those for the duchess to do once the term ends.

I don't apologize for the words directed at vana. She has spent the entire term attacking me in any way she's been able to find, and has been deliberately obtuse in her apparent failure to understand logical argumentation in any way, shape or form.

If anyone has complaints about my moderation of these boards, you're free to forward such to Hypno
Yes forward the business of Somerset and moderating this forum is the business of somerset; to Duke Hypno, who surely is busy attending to the Business of Galloway and Scotland! Frankly I think you should look to Ellsbeth for guidance; she has endured many political attacks and she has attacked politically. In all that time I have never seen her resort to name calling or "sour grapes" tactics like running away to the nearest colony Rolling Eyes

Last edited by on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vàna Rúndóttir

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 am

My objections were about the unilateral nature of the actions taken by Chardonnay, and the lack of fair representation in the appointment of admins, it was not a personal attack on Chardonnay herself, and I am disappointed and sorry that she took it personally. I am also a little hurt by her words calling me a stupid ass, and my suggestions overdone, underthought political partisanship, but I have never had any wish to prosecute anyone for their opinions. I will continue to attack ideas which go against my political principles, but I do and will continue to try not to make those attacks personal.

Thanks to Atri for her suggestions on how to address the issue of thread closures. Those seem like useful ideas to me that would take some of the burden off the admins.

As for Hypno, he does still run SNP I think, the Scottish National Party, and the issue is not about him being owner, but being the appointer of admins. I would suggest that he should adopt the policy of always making the current Duke/Duchess of Somerset as an admin here, if not as the admin. I would also suggest that the admins here should adopt a set of public rules and/or guidelines about how the forum will be administered, so that their fairness may be objective measurable and monitored. The reason that I advocate moving to the RK forum is partly that the censors and admin there do have guidelines that they follow. Their RK system of administration is however, in my opinion, severely lacking in several areas, such as a lack of transparency, individual responsibility, separation of functions, defence and appeal procedures, and in consistency of application of guidelines. With relatively little effort, we could easily make this forum a better run one than RK. Currently it is not.
Back to top Go down
Chardonnay
Admin

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 pm

budicca wrote:
"sour grapes" tactics like running away to the nearest colony Rolling Eyes

ain't sour grapes, Budicca, that was last month. i'm not having fun currently in the game, and that's why i'm looking to move elsewhere. I shan't discuss name calling with you; i'm sure i could find a few examples from your pen in a search of the archives.
Back to top Go down
Ellsbeth
Admin
Ellsbeth

Registration date : 2007-02-17

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 am

The SNP as you all know it as in the Somerset National Party is now defunct. Hypno runs his own SNP which is Scottish related only and has nothing to do with the old SNP of Somerset except for the fact a number of Somerset SNP members followed him to Scotland and joined the party there and as Scotland and Somerset both begin with Letter S, He chose to use the same title for his new political party.

So for the record there are no political ties between the two parties, as one has ceased to function other than personal friendships between members.
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:46 am

Chardonnay wrote:
budicca wrote:
"sour grapes" tactics like running away to the nearest colony Rolling Eyes

ain't sour grapes, Budicca, that was last month. i'm not having fun currently in the game, and that's why i'm looking to move elsewhere. I shan't discuss name calling with you; i'm sure i could find a few examples from your pen in a search of the archives.
Please by all means search! I have been mean and even rude, but I have NEVER resorted to name calling, never.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious

Gregarious

Position : Lieutenant of Bath

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 7:21 am

This is the public council room. sorry to stray off topic, but this one seems to have lost its way anyway. Can we leave this thread, or get it back on topic if we can find one.

Are we yet again having a discussion, argument, mud tossing match, over moving back to the Game Forum? If that is the case can someone tell us which one of these topics this thread is supposed to be about?

If not can we all get back to business?
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Admin
Hypno

Position : Admin
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:59 am

First sorry to post here, but I do has admin of the board.

Let's put fact one table:

1. When i move to scotland I sent a e-mail to all member of this board, saying that right now, i will no do anymore job of modering, and will assign ANY admin that this council ask me. If you are totally incapable of read a e-mail and see that is you that appoint admin, then stop been in here in critize, read before making such remarque.

2. Since I receive no asking for new admin, and i repeat that option on msn to allikath and some other LOF, that the COUNTY COUNCIL are the one that decide who is admin (execpt owner admin access, since cannot be transfert). With out new admin ask, i keep the current one, That are either Censor, Chief censor in RK forum, so they proof their neutrality and know how thing work.

3. If a council want new admin they have to vote for it, and i will test this person to see if at least they know the admin job (know how to create forum, understand they never delete anything at all, ect ect)

Now before critize be sure you read everything and is not yourself you critize, because if you find admin are badly appointed well is the responsability of this council, that means is YOUR fault!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
https://somerset.rpg-board.net
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Hypno wrote:
First sorry to post here, but I do has admin of the board.

Let's put fact one table:

1. When i move to scotland I sent a e-mail to all member of this board, saying that right now, i will no do anymore job of modering, and will assign ANY admin that this council ask me. If you are totally incapable of read a e-mail and see that is you that appoint admin, then stop been in here in critize, read before making such remarque.

2. Since I receive no asking for new admin, and i repeat that option on msn to allikath and some other LOF, that the COUNTY COUNCIL are the one that decide who is admin (execpt owner admin access, since cannot be transfert). With out new admin ask, i keep the current one, That are either Censor, Chief censor in RK forum, so they proof their neutrality and know how thing work.

3. If a council want new admin they have to vote for it, and i will test this person to see if at least they know the admin job (know how to create forum, understand they never delete anything at all, ect ect)

Now before critize be sure you read everything and is not yourself you critize, because if you find admin are badly appointed well is the responsability of this council, that means is YOUR fault!

Thank you
I guess when you are sitting in Scotland things seem a lot different; like the facts Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hypno
Admin
Hypno

Position : Admin
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 6:49 pm

The kid speak again. look little girl.

The council decide that, that is the true, teh duchess know that, everyone that was member of the board when I move know that, since admin e-mail is sent to EVERY member of this board.

That you act like a bitch that try to bait me, flamme me will not change that.

And yeah sitting in Scotland change thing, because I don'T care about you, about your continous bitchery, you continual attack for no particular reason like this one. Simply thinking oh yeah i will insult him that will makes him mades and make me look good.

Here a peny go buy a life.

Me I don't care who is in power in council, can be LOF, SNP, Patron, green party, party of the right of the tavern door to not get bang, i simply don't care. Got it. So if you think to use that has political gain, think twice, because I will repeat again, this council decide who is the admin and since longtime.

I just see that is always the samething, fight at all cost in politic of somerset very sad.
Back to top Go down
https://somerset.rpg-board.net
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 1:20 am

Hypno wrote:
The kid speak again. look little girl.

The council decide that, that is the true, teh duchess know that, everyone that was member of the board when I move know that, since admin e-mail is sent to EVERY member of this board.

That you act like a bitch that try to bait me, flamme me will not change that.

And yeah sitting in Scotland change thing, because I don'T care about you, about your continous bitchery, you continual attack for no particular reason like this one. Simply thinking oh yeah i will insult him that will makes him mades and make me look good.

Here a peny go buy a life.

Me I don't care who is in power in council, can be LOF, SNP, Patron, green party, party of the right of the tavern door to not get bang, i simply don't care. Got it. So if you think to use that has political gain, think twice, because I will repeat again, this council decide who is the admin and since longtime.

I just see that is always the samething, fight at all cost in politic of somerset very sad.
Not only did you miss the point , but you proved the point with your disgusting, typical for you, language. I have NEVER called anyone in RK a fould name in public, you know why you have and I haven't; BECAUSE I HAVE REPSECT and you obviously don't! Thank you for proving my point! IF all COUNCIL BUSINESS is not moved to the main forum now, then we have only ourselves to blame.
Back to top Go down
Rebo

Rebo

Registration date : 2007-03-05

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 pm

This is out of character. I, Michael, find certain language very deplorable. There are certain words which offend me to the very core. One of these words begins with a b and ends with a word that is somewhat synonymous with scratch. Please, I ask us all not to use these words as derogatory comments (or derogatory language at all) when referring to anyone.

Please let this end here.
-Michael
Back to top Go down
Vàna Rúndóttir

Character sheet

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 3:34 pm

We have no rules in this forum to control language or act as guidelines to admin, and no ability to prevent the owner admin from saying whatever he wants. And of course, Hypno rightfully retains the right to veto any admin we suggest, as his point 3 shows. I'm not saying that Hypno is at fault for retaining control here, but since he isn't really interested in Somerset any more, to me these are all additional reasons to move our business back to the RK forum where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:30 am

Vàna Rúndóttir wrote:
We have no rules in this forum to control language or act as guidelines to admin, and no ability to prevent the owner admin from saying whatever he wants. And of course, Hypno rightfully retains the right to veto any admin we suggest, as his point 3 shows. I'm not saying that Hypno is at fault for retaining control here, but since he isn't really interested in Somerset any more, to me these are all additional reasons to move our business back to the RK forum where it belongs.
Don't worry our security is at issue here. We can not stay on this site and NO SENSITIVE business will be discussed here. I promise!
Back to top Go down
budicca

budicca

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 am

I have spoken to the King(LJS) about our security breach here, by using this off-site forum. He advises the following:

"Just stay on the main forum. Don't use the other one, but for reading it."

From this point on all official business must be done on the main forum, unless of course, we don't trust the King's advice! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Management   Forum Management Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Management
Page 1 of 1