Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

[RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 am

She woke with a sore head and muttering to herself about being late, she collected her things and her horse and hurried to catch-up with Cel. She spent most of the trip half asleep on Sugar's back, Outlaw ran ahead of them with his tail swinging happily.

They passed a rather large group of people who smiled and waved then continued on their way.

Quote :
Today, on the road you met A group composed of TasitefromVictoriousfromStalkerofhadesfromElson88fromMiavonkfromNovaphoenix and of Wolfmist.
Today, on the road you met Renames.

They made a camp on the road side and Cara was delighted to share their fire with people she knew and from Somerset too. She had to admit though it did make her feel a little home sick or maybe that was due to too much ale.

Quote :
Groups here:

Armed Retinue of Silvermane, Archywald - Under authorization - Ask to belong
Armed Retinue of Celdonea, Foreverbones, Joesephus, Chandrea - Under authorization - Ask to belong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:43 pm

After breaking camp they headed to Preston passing the Defenders of Lancaster on the way

Quote :
Yesterday, on the road you met the defenders of Lancaster.

It was nice to spend some more time in the Preston Arms Tavern. For a short while she had the company of Kitsada who offered to take her to Lancaster, which Cara sadly refused. Cara hoped she would get to spend more time with Kit at some stage in the future. Later in the day Joe arrived and they shared an interesting afternoon of Yeoman chatter.

Soon it was time to head out again, they passed only two people on the road.

Quote :
Today, on the road you met Winstanley and Amarth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:12 pm

They made camp just inside Chester County; the night was cold but peaceful. The next day was spent riding which had simply become the routine. Sleep, eat, ride and tavern drinking when there was one available.

Quote :
Today, on the road you met the defenders of Beeston.

They were stopped by the defenders of Beeston and questioned but they were also given information of the dramas within the county. The wolves and crosiers still held the Capital, Lord dragon had scurried away to Holywell and Holywell was now independent. Lord dragon appeared to be incapable of creating a large enough army to send the outlaws home. Some of the defenders argued that there was famine in Beeston while others coughed and claimed it nonsense. Cara did not know what to believe but clearly the north required help...Scots at the border and forced councils in Chester...her eyes drifted to Chand, she had to get her home safe then she would return...her thoughts drifted to Cue...maybe he would understand and come with her, the need here was great.

They rode to the walls of the Capital City of Stafford and paid the tax before settling into The Prancing Knot, once again Cara frowned wondering if the owner had been drunk when they decided on the name of their tavern. She giggled at the thought and ordered an ale as she was rather thirsty, having spent a night on the road. Outlaw was soon sprawled at her feet snoring gently.
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 am

Chand was tired, almost exhausted, from all the traveling they were doing. Yes, she had recently made this exact same trip in the opposite direction, but they had taken it far more slowly, cautiously, creeping through the woods, and occasionally stopping at a town to "aquire" more people for the group. And then of course there was the fear that drove her to run away so often. Fear can provide energy.

Besides all of that, her ribs were still sore. Lounging around Kit's house hadn't prepared her for riding all day and then sleeping on the ground around the fire at night. Her off-hand (not the one she used for her sword work, thankfully) often ached too. The bruises had gone very deep, though fortunately nothing had been broken. Hopefully it would heal completely...sooner rather than later.

As they passed through Beeston, the defenders met them. While they talked with Cel, Chandrea looked longingly at the taverns. A bit of ale would help keep her upright...if they didn't have anything stronger. But soon they were on their way again, pushing on further before they stopped for the night.

They dragged their way into Stafford, and the girl almost fell off of Staf when they stopped in front of the inn. All she could think about was going somewhere to lie down for a long time. She pulled the packs off of Staf, gave him a quick rub down, and turned him loose in his stall. The horse seemed perfectly content whereever they were, and Chand was a bit relieved that he wasn't getting tired by all the traveling. She dragged the pack up to their room and plopped them on the floor. Colapsing on the bed, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep...for all of 2 minutes. Her ribs and arm were bothering her again, and the nagging ache kept her awake. She sat up, almost crying with frustration. Then she remembered...They were staying above a tavern! She could get some ale or something stronger to help her sleep! Smiling slightly, she moved towards the stairs.

Hearing a familar sound, Chand followed her ears to the table where Cara was sitting with Outlaw snoring underneath. Ordering an ale, she sat down with her friend to enjoy it. She signalled the serving girl to keep her mug filled constantly. She planned to get completely blasted. Hopefully then she could enjoy one solid night of sleep. Smiling, she turned to her friend, "Do I ever enjoy towns! I wasn't aware of how much I loved them until this trip. My ale supply has run out too frequently!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:08 am

Cara smiled at Chand, studying her while she spoke. This trip had to be hard on her and she worried about her friend as she looked tired. There was more than that…Chand was keeping the details of her trip north locked tight inside her and Cara was growing more and more concerned as the days went by and Chand still did not feel like she could talk about it. Cara did not want to push it so she waited ready to listen and provide a shoulder to cry on when the time came. “The tavern keeper has sold me some smaller barrels of ale…Sugar is a little weighted down with my supplies, do you think Staf could carry the barrels?” She smiled knowing full well she would have empty barrels when she returned home.
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 am

"Most certainly! After all, I've lost some weight, so he shouldn't have any problems. We'll just have to make sure that he doesn't taste any...I have enough trouble riding as it is, without having to deal with a drunken horse." The girl laughed, and drained another mug of ale, before glancing at her friend. "I know I havn't been very clear about what happened to get me up to Kendal. I'm...it's just not that easy to talk about. And there hasn't been nearly enough ale to let me get through it. However, I think that sitting here we should be all right in that respect. ...If you'd be willing to keep me company that long, that is..." The serving girl came by the table again, carrying two full mugs of ale, and Chan smiled at her in thanks before pushing one of them towards her friend. "Reguardless...drink up!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:07 am

An image of what a drunken horse looks like flashes through her mind causing her to giggle. She listened as Chand said about needing to be drunk to talk about her trip north...would Cara keep her company as long as it took? "Friends forever remember and if it takes a year or a life time for you to spill the story, then so be it...I will be here for you, in the mean time we can get drunk and have a good time" To prove her point she lifted the mug of ale that was pushed her way and drained it dry. As the serving girl arrived with another round Cara handed her the coins from her money pouch. Prehaps Chand would start to feel better if she talked about the trip north and to Cara going broke to ensure that Chand was able to speak about it...was well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 am

Chand smiled her thanks at her friend, "I don't think it will take a year...Unless of course you just think I talk that much." She grinned. There had been times when a word or two turned into, 5 or 10...or more... Taking another drink, she continued. "Thank you for saying that. And thank you for coming for me. I was worried that no one would. I like Kendal and all, but...it's not home." The girl looked down at the table and traced the grain of the wood with her finger. "It's not so much that the trip was so awful itself, though it wasn't very fun. ... It's just... Have you ever thought that you were strong enough to take anything...only to find that you just hadn't been pushed enough?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am

“Yes” she said simply, when she had left home full of life and so sure of her self that nothing could touch her. Her step brother had paid the price; images of his horrid death slipped into her mind, Cara shoved them back behind their wall. She took a long draw on her ale “we have to be pushed like that Chand…to learn and grow stronger...to be able to cope with the next push”
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 am

The girl considered her friend's words carefully, "Maybe. I don't know. ...Maybe I just haven't gotten to the learning part yet. I know that I'm not stronger yet, since I can barely stand to ride Staf all day like we have been doing." Chand stared into her mug at the liquid remaining. "Well, I don't know if what you say is true, but I hope so. That would mean that something good was coming out of this..." She drained her mug for a final bit of alchol to dull the edge of the memories, and began her tale. "Well, you know that I was in Bristol, right? I was the 2nd Lt. in the SAS there. I doubt that I still am...I deserted my post after all. Anyway, I was out riding a sort of patrol. Well...riding is kind of a loose term. Staf and I were fighting about who was in the lead, and Lace..." Her voice trailed off for a moment, before she gathered herself and went on. "Lace was her usual mischievious self. She was riding with us, but she didn't want to sit still at all, so I was having as much trouble with her as with Staf. I was riding through the woods, trying desperately not to run into the trees, or low hanging branches that Staf liked to ride under, when I saw a girl lying on the ground ahead of me. She looked like she might be hurt, so I pulled up beside her and got down...Uh well...I kind of fell down. Dismounting was still not the best, and Staf didn't want me to get off so was being onery. I thought he was anyway. So I got off, and went to check on the girl. Lace started scolding me, and I just ignored her, trying to see if the girl was alright. That's when they attacked me..."

Fortunately for everyone, the serving girl had brought over another mug before Chand got to this part of her story. Had someone come up just then...well...it wouldn't have been pretty, and probably would have resulted in being thrown out of the tavern. The girl grabbed up the new mug fiercely and took a drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Cara listened quietly as Chandrea's story unfolded...Lace...Cara had asked about Lace once and not received a reply so she had done what she had been doing from the start...waiting...waiting for Chand to feel able to talk.

She smiled at the serving girl but inwardly groaned at the interruption, she now had to wait for Chand to continue...Cara hoped she would but it had taken so long for Chand to want to talk, that she had not wanted anything to interrupt her. Quietly she took the new mug and took a drink waiting for the serving girl to move off "the ale has a pleasant taste here...would you agree?" she hoped asking Chand a question would start her talking again.
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:05 am

She turned back to her friend with a slight smile. "It is indeed. Just what the doctor ordered, Jah's truth! Kit as much as ordered me to drink some." The girl shook her head. If only she could combine both places into one big town. She knew she was leaving a piece of her heart in the far north, even as they traveled towards her home.

Shaking her head slightly to toss away the meloncholy thoughts, Chand glanced at Cara. Her friend was trying so hard to be patient, something that Chandrea appreciated very much. "Well, I was attacked. There were five men. They just seemed to appear from nowhere. I tried to draw my sword, but I've never been very good with it, and they soon disarmed me. I grabbed up a long branch and used it as a staff then. Staf was fighting too. I never knew he could do that, but he bucked and kicked and wouldn't let them get near enough to catch his reins. Lace...My brave young cat...she jumped off of the saddle into the face of one of the men. She scratched his face, before..."

Chandrea took a long drink of ale, and continued in a curiously emotionless voice, "Before the man pulled her off his face and threw her to the ground. She didn't move after that. One of them managed to catch ahold of Staf and wrestle him into standing still, and the others proceeded to hack away at my branch until there wasn't much left. Then, while I was focusing on the two in front of me, one of them must have hit me with something because I passed out. By the time I woke up, we were already a ways away...well, at least far enough away from Bristol that I didn't recognize the woods around us. They had tied me, and laid me on the ground around the fire. There were several men, including the one with the scratched face, and a few other women and girls scattered around. When they saw I was awake, the scratched man came over to me. 'See what ya stupid cat done? Ruint ma face!' Before I could reply, he kicked me in the stomach. 'Ya cat shoudn'ta done 'at ta me.' They were having some kind of stew for supper, and the same man came over with some for me. 'Ya be hungry, huh? Here.' He put the bowl on the ground in front of me, but my hands were tied so I couldn't reach it. He smiled and walked away. One of the women crept over soon after that, freezing still whenever one of the men looked in her direction. Finally she made it to me. I thought she was going to feed me the stew, or untie my hands or something, but she just picked up the bowl and ate it herself. The way she was eating looked like she hadn't eaten anything in weeks, but I knew she had just had a bowl full with the others. When she finished it, she set the bowl down in front of me again, and scurried back to the others. When the man came back to check on me, he saw the empty bowl and smiled. 'Enjoyed that did ya?' I argued that I hadn't eaten it, and he got angry. 'I put it down fo' ya and ya didn eat it? Who did, the ghost?' He turned back to the others 'Our newcomer wants anotha helpin'. Whata we do 'bout that?' The men laughed as some of the women and girls came over and began to kick me. They each kicked me at least once before the man told them that I'd learned my lesson. 'Round here we share. Evrybody gets their share and no mor'.' That was the first such lesson they taught me."

The girl rubbed her stomach just thinking about those days she had spent without food. Abruptly changing the subject, she looked at her friend, "I'm hungry. You want anything?" Chandrea called the serving girl over and asked for some thick stew with bread, and looked at Cara expectantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:12 am

She was shocked that her friend had gone through that, it sounded like a nightmare to Cara. Poor lace…Brave and protective to the end. She grimaced at the images of Chand being tied and kicked like a dog. First lesson? Jah...there were more?

Quote :
"I'm hungry. You want anything?"

“Yes thank you” honestly she was not really hungry now, her appetite having fled but she was not going to pass up finally being able to eat something other than the dull meagre fare they ate on the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse   [RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[RP] SAS Mission ~ Operation Daffy Mouse
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2